Designs for Artscase : Here's the scoop
Through the ABSPD course (which wrapped-up today! YAY! I'm officially a graduate of something! :) I was introduced to this design brief for Artscase. They are looking to expand their designer collection and are currently seeking commercial masculine designs that are innovative, wide appealing and fresh. Artscase sells various gadgets such as iPad mini covers, iPhone, and Samsung phone cases. Their audience is continually searching for the hippest, fashionable accessories.
Well, let me tell you... what a process this turned out to be! For the longest time I was feeling uninspired by this project. Like seriously uninspired. I've not yet tried to do the "masculine" thing and I just wasn't sure where to start. You know how a white canvas is the most intimidating? Yeah, it was kinda like that.
Then, just the other day, I moseyed on over to my husband's side of the closet and started noticing how diverse his shirt collection is! Which got me thinking... designing for men isn't as simple as conveying masculinity (which is the concept I was hung up about) because there are so many unique styles just like there are so many unique men! So, with that in mind, I pulled together a collection inspired by my husband's closet. Each design represents a small piece of his personality. :)
I don't think I followed the brief exactly, but you'll have that when inspiration takes over!
This collection, in whole or in part, (that includes everything from the individual designs to the title and page layout of this presentation) are all copyright protected. That's right, I'm on top of it. :)

I don't think I followed the brief exactly, but you'll have that when inspiration takes over!


No comments :
Post a Comment