-->

Sunday, April 7, 2013

Plane tickets booked! Surtex here I come!

I made a huge investment in myself and my business with the full support of my family to keep things running smoothly while I take off on this adventure. I feel like the luckiest girl in the world!

drum roll please.....




I am going to Surtex! I booked my plan ticket from Cleveland to New York City last night. I was a ball of nerves as I was going through the Travelocity website; departure, return flight, pick your seat, confirmation and DONE! Trip booked and no turning back. Huge sigh of relief. Huge sense of overwhelm.

Surtex is the only show in North America solely devoted to selling and licensing original art and design for all types of products. Surtex draws hundreds of designers from around the world, where they are given the opportunity to market their collections to manufacturers of products for home, contract, stationery, giftware, toys, publishing, and more.

I won't be exhibiting this year but I thought it would be a really good investment to go, walk the show floor, take notes, sit in on workshops and absorb the goodness.

I'm not sure I'm ready to add another thing to my plate. Back home, while I'm gone, there's the Etsy shop to keep up on - which is the bread & butter of our family - and my daughter's school schedule and extra activities to be maintained. I'm signed up for Module 3 of the Art & Business of Surface Pattern Design which will be in full swing and shortly after Surtex I'll start Lilla Rogers class, Make Art that Sells.

I've put a lot of money and time into this new adventure because I'm a HUGE believer in the philosophy:

If you leap, the net will appear.


I've done a lot of leaping over the last few years and it's come back to me in abundance. So, what's a girl gonna do?

Leap again!


No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...