Gavin and I met at the 2010 ArtCraft Studio Show. Gavin had a booth setup displaying his wrought iron design work and I was a spectator browsing the show. Upon walking into his booth I noticed these absolutely most fantastic instrument sculptures... (he had me right then.... shhhh!)
| Designer Wrought Iron Company : http://designerwroughtiron.com/ |
I believe I exclaimed something to the effect that the sculptures made up a full bluegrass band! I'm a huge bluegrass junkie so this was a fantastic find in my mind! Our common interest in music and art sparked conversation. We awkwardly chatted and I moved on with the rest of the art show... but not before grabbing his business card on the way out. (wink, wink)
Later that evening, after stupidly smiling to myself all day, I sent him an email with a subject line: "Sparks?" and proceeded to inquire if he was "available like that". His response? "Sparks? Indeed."
![]() |
| Near & Dear Gift Collection : http://www.etsy.com/shop/BetweenEverything |
We spoke on the phone the next several nights for hours on end and the ease of our fast friendship was comforting and telling. We immediately found we had so much in common ranging from our art backgrounds, to music, family ideals, lifestyle - we discussed it all.
I think our biggest discrepancy at the time was debating between a converted tie-dye school bus and a tiny house.... :) It's conversations like that when you know "he's the one". hahaha


No comments :
Post a Comment