-->

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Do I hear wedding bells?

Alright, so maybe not bells... but either way, Gavin and I are getting married! Together we decided it was time we join our families, our futures and our complete lives with a union ceremony and a badass party to celebrate!

This is something we've been talking about on and off over the last year and with booth feet first, we're going to make the leap!

We decided the best place to wed would be his family's farm is Medina, OH.  They own a beautiful piece of land, complete with a white farm house, a few barns and a small creek running alongside the eastern divide.  This is also where Gavin grew up. He and his family purchased the property when it was in complete shambles (maybe almost condemned?) and it's been a project ever since!  I don't remember exactly what year the house was built, but I do know it was when Abe Lincoln was president - so somewhere between 1861 and 1865.  The basement even has logs and tree trunks in the structure!




Beautiful, right?

Behind the house is a row of barns where we'll have the wedding and celebration.



Our plan is to KEEP IT SIMPLE and keep it about community - so, we're throwing a pot luck, bbq, pig roast, beer drinkin' and boot stompin' kickass party!  Throughout the planning process, we're striving to create the day as local, handmade and community focused as possible. It's important to us, both as independent artists and conscious citizens, that we support our fellow craftsmen, local farms, independent businesses and friends with talents.

So for as much as I have time for, I'll be posting updates along the way about our progress and efforts.  So excited!!


I LOVE this photo taken at 2011 Yankee Peddler Festival - Celebrating pioneer America with master artists and crafters


3 comments :

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are all looking forward to you and Olivia being part of the family...oh yeah and Janiece and Lorraine and Joe.. as well as the " big, fat farm wedding"
    Kathy & Joe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, Brooke! What a beautiful site for a wedding... sounds like it will be amazing!

    -Megan

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...