-->

Monday, April 16, 2012

Turning over a new leaf... again.

Dr. Seuss Quote Print (Livy Love Designs)


Thank goodness for girl friends!  I mean, seriously, who else would you roll out of bed, throw on yoga pants and t-shirt, toss your hair up, chug down a smoothie and meet at the end of your block by 8am for a 4 mile walk when you are both out of shape and feeling gross?  That's right. Your girl friend. 

That's exactly what we did today. With the winter feeling like it's finally going to break up here on the North Coast I've been feeling rather ancy about many things, one of them being my winter body and hibernating mind.  I've been going through the motions of running this little design biz that has tripled in size since the fall. I've been handling the daily ins and outs of a daughter with anxiety issues and a mother with health problems. All while signed for a product marketing course that I can't seem to work into my schedule.

All of these things, on too little sleep, makes Brooke a cranky and somber girl.  


So, stepping out every morning for a walk with a good girl friend is just what I needed! We get to be each others sounding board on everything from our relationships to diy home projects, all while getting in a good dose of calorie burning activity.  Again, thank goodness for girl friends!

Along with my new walking routine, I'm going to be making better eating choices. I certainly don't eat any worse than the rest of consumer america, but I don't eat the best for my body.  I have a candy addiction when I'm stressed out (which has been a lot lately), I drink my daily diet coke and one more cup of coffee than I probably should.  I snack on Cheez-its and Chex Mix - not the worst but not fruits and vegetables either. I don't always wash my face, shave my legs and my elbows are dry. It's time for a mental and physical make over!

Here's my rather ambitious list of creative mind and body centering projects:

1. walk almost every day
2. eat way better
3. lose 10lbs (minimum) by Delfest
4. repurpose the spaces in my house and move the studio to the bedroom and put the bedroom in the studio (more on this to come)
5. rebuild the studio for a more efficient work flow
6. Make window treatments for the living room and dining room
7. Paint a few furniture pieces in FUNKY FUN colors!!
8. Set a somewhat regular working schedule because working all day, everyday doesn't count!

Notice, shave my legs isn't on there? :)

I think if I focus on some projects that include making my body feel better and if I focus on a few projects that make my space feel better (seeing as I work at home, it's important I love it here, right?) I'm sure I'll feel my mood lift and balance restored in my life.

What things do you do in your daily routine to help keep balanced?

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...