Anyway, we're sitting at the light, and I look over just in time to see a little dog unleashed and without his person, step off the curb and into this busy intersection! I immediately jump out of the truck, yell "here puppy puppy!!" He comes running to me, I scoop him up, put him in the truck, close the door, the light turns green and we drive away. It all happened that fast!!!
Gavin's eyes are as big as saucers. He looks at me, we both look at the dog. Now what?!?!? We quick pull into a parking lot to assess the situation. What do you do when you find a lost dog? You play with him of course!
Let me tell you, this dog has the SWEETEST disposition! Very friendly and not a peep. All sweet little doggy smiles. After a phone call to the Human Society and brief conversation confirming they will only keep him for 3 days and then "I'm not authorized to say" - we knew for a fact, we weren't taking him there!
LOVE his mohawk!!
As much as I begged and pleaded with Gavin, he wouldn't let us take him home. The dog was smelly, needed a bath and since we don't have a dog (rather 2 cats and kid afraid of dogs) his judgement was correct. I pouted. :( I really loved this little guy!!
But he was right, so we stopped at the Family Dollar to pick up poster board and make signs. While there Gavin somehow convinced a woman working at the store to keep him and put her number on the posters since we didn't want to take the dog all the way to the other side of town - assuming it's best he doesn't go too far from home.
So we left the little guy with the Rose at the dollar store, posted FOUND DOG signs in the general area and went home.... dogless.
My mother, the most resourceful woman I know, found this ad on craigslist:
Yep! That's our guy! So we were able to call the family and tell them how to contact Rose and where to pick up her dog. They were so happy we found "Puffy" and so relieved he was safe and sound!!!
So, in the end I didn't get a new dog (even just for a few days), but we did save the day and make a family very happy! Which is even better. :)
I'm curious, what would you have done? Have you found a lost animal and tried to find it's owner?



No comments :
Post a Comment