-->

Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Prints & Patterns : Garden Blue

As you may know, I've been taking an e-course the art and business of surface pattern design put on by Beth Nicholls founder of Do What you Love for Life and Rachael Taylor of Rachael Taylor Designs.  The course so far has been an amazing journey into color and pattern design and training your eye to see the world with respect to these two attributes.

The first module was loaded with great information, juicy tid-bits about the industry, exercises to practice our newly learned techniques and one of the most engaging and supportive communities I've ever participated in.  I wish I had more time to dedicate to participating in all this course has to offer.  I just completed module 1 (almost a month after it ended) and I'm crazy excited to start module 2 next week.

In preparation and because I can't seem to get my mind off this exciting new aspect of design, I created my first botanical collection this past weekend.

I give you {drum roll please} Garden Blue:



Garden Blue is not my first series of coordinating patterns, I've designed several which you can see here on Flickr but it is in fact the first collection I've created using 4 anchor designs and 4 supporting designs.  I'm not even sure if I'm using the right language but I think you understand.

Here's a look at each individual pattern.  The column on the left are my anchors, the column on the right are my supporting designs using motifs and colors from the main designs.


Now what?  I'm not sure!  But module 2 starts next week and Rachael and Beth are going to bestow lots more insight upon us! Can't wait!

3 comments :

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...