-->

Saturday, November 5, 2011

Wanna know what I just did?

Wanna know what I just did?  I'm so super stoked!!  Wait, back up a second, not only am I completely psyched about this but the small events that unfolded here are just a small attest to the awesomeness of the Universe and the power of intention.

A few days ago, as it rolled into November, I was looking for my new November desktop calendar background via Smashing. See on my mac I have my hot corners setup that when I mouse to the bottom right corner, all open windows brush aside and I can clearly see my desktop.  For me and my work flow, I need quick access to a quick simple calendar where I can in my head determine creation and shipping times based on my customers needs to have their gift by a certain due date.  I've tried several methods but a calendar are my wallpaper and a hot corner (as simple a process as it is) work for a quick glance.  It's a great way to have a stylish and new wallpaper each month!

Anyway, I found this particular design for November very interesting.



Since I believe in the power of intention I always try to choose a background that inspires me and holds a message that in a way, is kind of like my mantra for the month.  When I chose this wallpaper I had no idea why this would be the most productive month.  I've been pretty darn productive over the last few months so choosing to believe in this kinda made me panic ever so slightly. :)  Which is a good thing of course!

This is where the Universe steps in.  Hello!

A brief series of events:

1. I was looking at my Etsy activity and someone favorited my shop (thank you!!)
2. I was browsing the other shops they favorited (which I do often out of curiosity and as a means to define my clientele and their interests)
3. Immediately I noticed a little thumbnail which totally caught my attention and lead me to the beautiful and very special works of Katie Daisy.

This was the thumbnail ----->  

4. Now Katie Daisy recently had her artwork licensed by Target and they made a super cute gift wrap collection. (as well as many many other adorable adventures her work has been on)
5. This got me thinking.
6. I looked up art licensing just to see what my over active imagination was brewing and after a few days of googling, reading and freaking out I came across.....




Uh yeah!!!!!  I read through the e-course description over and over again - excited and looking for a reason not to spend the money after I just committed myself to keeping my over head expenses low - but I couldn't find a single reason NOT to sign up!  So I did!  The course starts Monday 11/14 and I'm so super excited!! I'll be blogging about this along the way!  See, I've been following several coaches over the last year and I seriously debate on each one of the programs they offer as I've been ready for the next step in my work and my business but none of them had felt right until now.  If also been watching and listening to a lot of social media and blogging "tips and tricks" and particularly the idea of finding your story has been intriguing me but I wasn't sure what that was or where to find it!  Yep, got that covered now too. :)

Anyway, I truly believe that this is the perfect move for taking my designs outside of Etsy (don't worry, my Etsy shop is here to stay) and formulating myself a valid studio and creating my own label - the right way. This is what it's all been leading up to.  Surface Pattern Design.  EEK!!

Take a look through Rachael Taylor's work and you'll get an idea of all the possibilities!! Love her style!




All images snagged from Rachael Taylor Designs



So, Universe, thank you for my 2011 November calendar wallpaper, thank you for honoring the power of intention and thank you for the chain of events that lead me to taking the first step in the next direction for the rest of my life.  You are loved.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...