I spent Saturday trolley hopping around Cleveland with Olivia. The city holds an event they call
Sparx City Hop which has been put in place to help local patrons explore the visual, culinary and performing arts in Cleveland's historic neighborhoods. It's a really great idea - free trolley's that take you around and stop in all the different neighborhoods in the city. The local establishments and galleries all participate and welcome us Clevelanders to see what they have available.
Olivia and I ended up on the "art line" trolley as our very spunky trolley driver kept referring to it. As we made our way through the city she gave us a historical overview of all the different architecture we were passing. She also highly encouraged us to get off at every stop, explore the area and do our holiday shopping HANDMADE and LOCAL since that is technically the point of visiting all these different open studios, galleries and independently owned shops in the area. I was very impressed with this woman.
Here's a few images that captured our day. I wish I would've remembered to pull out the camera before the day was half over. Live and learn I guess!
 |
| One of the kid crafts: Making lanterns out of expired event posters and tissue paper. They even supplied the tea light! |
 |
| My sweet not-so little girl. |
 |
| This is the building where Gavin and I met. It was his art show and I was just there browsing for the day. It was one of the rare occasions that I was not showing my work and running a booth. I wandered into his space and was immediately attracted to his artwork (and him!) |
 |
| Waiting for our next trolley ride. I love my boots! |
 |
| Great detail went into constructing these. |
 |
| Mother daughter moments. |
 |
| Fell in love with the tile work and the door. It's pretty amazing that this was on November 12th, in Cleveland, and those plants are still green! It's been a mild autumn. |
No comments :
Post a Comment