I have taken an open look at the past decade of my life (it was not easy!) and realized that the past 10yrs, all it's obstacles, joy, struggles, love, lessons and heartaches, were to meant to bring me here, now. Though I'm certainly better off today with regard to my authentic self, spiritual growth, focused creativity and clear goals, I'm not where I want to be, exactly who I want to be or living the life I envision for myself. Thank goodness, right? What would I have left to do if 30 came around and these things had been accomplished?So, after careful consideration and a thesaurus as backup, I officially deem the next 10yrs as the decade of MOTIVATION (for me). Yikes! My guess is many of you are probably thinking I should slow down and take it one year at time. Sure, I see how that makes sense. And when I break it down that's exactly how I will live it - even one day at a day time. But my overall response is this: I have a vision of the life I want for myself. I'm not referring to money, big houses and fancy cars. I'm referring to being true to myself, spending each day doing what I love with my creativity, living authentically and living awake. I have many personal, professional and creative goals I wish to accomplish and I will live each day, each month and each year with these dreams as my motivation to make decisions and choices that will bring me another step closer actualizing these very real possibilities. Going forward, I choose to live with intent.
Some of the many woman who have helped me step up, own myself and envision future are woman who are practicing these same philosophies in their daily lives. They are entrepreneurial woman living today in the creative industry who have embraced their talents and found a way to live everyday doing what they love. I believe, when this happens, the rest of it falls into place. Sure they have to continually take action to make progress and keep moving forward with their careers and the lives they've created, but the doors of opportunity open when they do.
In no particular order, these are the woman I find inspiring:
Marisa Haedike : Creative ThursdayMarisa lives and works fulltime as an artist from her home studio in Los Angeles. Her blog, Creative Thursday, now entering its 4th year, continues to be a place where artist's around the world meet to "believe in what is possible for all of us!" Marisa was able to make her dreams happen by selling her art through Etsy shop which has opened up to licensing agreements, workshops, e-course, books and wonderful podcasts!
Christine Kane : Singer/Songwriter, Public Speaker and Creativity Consultant
Christine's main focus is to teach women of all kinds how to be the best they can be and live a life of creativity. She accomplishes this and reaches women through her very popular blog, her music, or her three-day retreats for women at a resort in the mountains of Western North Carolina. Christine focuses on living consciously, the laws of attraction and vision boards, creativity, and personal growth. Her motto is: Be Creative. Be Conscious. Be Courageous.
Liz is a Seattle based, one-woman studio specializing in web design, social media marketing, blogging, and front-end development. Her focus is on creating custom tailored solutions to grow your business and online brand. In Liz's own words, "I’m a web designer, front-end developer, blogger, all around internet nerd." Liz owns a very popular blog in the graphic design community offering advice for freelance designers who have, or want to, take the "plunge" and work for themselves. Alyson B. Stanfield - ArtBiz Coach
Alyson teaches artists how to promote themselves and their businesses—online and off. The neat thing is that almost everything she teaches artists to do, she's doing herself for her business. And it works! She runs a successful blog with great advice for traditional and non-traditional artist and her newest book, I'd Rather Be in the Studio, is an artists no excuse guide to self promotion.
As you can see, it is possible. With the love, support and encouragement from your personal community and keeping clear on what you aspire for you life, anything is possible. And that possibility makes me feel awake!

I would like to comment on this, but I haven't found the words.
ReplyDeleteThe words "You Are AMAZING" just don't seem loud enough.
<3