Now that the mushy stuff is out of the way :) I want to speak about my art and the direction it's taken. I've never really given anything I've created a real chance to grow. My level of instant gratification is as true as the grass grows green. It appears I get bored easily but the truth is I have so many ideas, so many different styles and so many different ways about me and my creativity that I can't sit on something too long because the next big thing will flit in and out of my mind before I know it. Anyway, jukeboxART has been my fix.

Up until recently I've always displayed my work in galleries or coffeehouses - which is also perfect - however whenever anything would sell, I would get a phone call to come pick up my check. That's great but one thing has always been missing. The face to face personal interaction. The conversation. The expression. This past weekend I had my first booth at an "Arts and Crafts Extravaganza" (gotta start somewhere) and let me tell you it was a lot of work! (which I'm certainly no stranger to) BUT the best part is how well the series was received. People LOVED my art, they loved the colors and the graphic-ness of my style, they loved the lyrical references and they loved the memories and associations I brought back to them. I live for that look - the one when they realized what my art was about - the one when they found a song that holds a cherished memory - the one that enables a slight hum or toe tapping when flipping through prints, or the one that gives a slight smile as a tear is dabbed from the corner of an eye. You know, that look.

Anyway, everything went really well. I made some friends, sold some art, acquired a few fans, narrowed down my marketplace a little more than before and overall had a really good time.
Thank you everyone for your support!
Much Love. ♥
No comments :
Post a Comment