-->

Thursday, February 13, 2014

It's the start of Bootcamp!

Lilla Rogers Make Art that Sells Bootcamp kicked off this month and cuckoo clocks are the theme! From sketching to illustrator to photoshop.... I've been going cuckoo for cuckoo for clocks all week. The main assignment was to create art to go on a cell phone case but the final design could be for anything since the entire point of the class is guided briefs to use as a jumping point for portfolio building.




Excited and ready for more Lilla assignments, I started in my sketchbook and had a brain dump of all the cuckoo related icons I could think of at the time. I had many more pages than this.





Now.... comes the fun part! I sat down and pulled my focus into Illustrator and started fleshing out my color palette. I explored a few clock/bird integrations - cages/bird houses/gadgets and gears as the main placement print.



There are two things I always do when designing a collection: 1. create a logo - which allows me to explore typefaces and hand letting and 2. I naturally create patterns out of almost every icon I develop in Illustrator. So coordinating patterns for a possible fabric line or washi tape set rounded out the collection.






And finally, here is my final mobile phone case mockup for the class image gallery. The final class gallery will be open to the public each month, so I'll be sure to update this post with a link to where you can see all the high quality designs and artwork that is sure to be included.

UPDATE: The February Bootcamp Gallery is open! Click here to view

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...