Finally, it's February. I like February - it doesn't seem to drag out like some months (eh-hem, January....), Gavin and my mother share this birthday month so we're going to get to celebrate a little AND the Near & Dear Etsy shop is always super busy which means most of my day is spent interpreting all your love stories!
Plus, I've been working on a new series of hand-drawn patterns. I'm not quite ready to release the new collection yet, but here's a hint:
February's Desktop Calendar is just one pattern of the many new surface pattern designs I'll be releasing later this year. You can see a small preview of what I've been working on in my Society 6 shop where you can purchase iphone covers, ipad covers, throw pillows and stretched canvas' showcasing my patterns.
FEBRUARY 2013 Desktop Calendar
Surface pattern design and incorporating hand drawn elements into my work is new for me this year. I'm learning to think about design from a different perspective and I'm quite enjoying the challenge! It's been a little while since I've had a clear direction on my artwork (where do I go from here?) and I think I'm slowing honing into that answer.
The color palette is new for me, the hand-drawn motifs are my own illustrations (which is also a new technique I'm liking) and I've also revamped my signature logo. I would appreciate any feedback you might have on the direction of this new design.
Thanks so much and happy month of loooOOOooovvveee.....



No comments :
Post a Comment