Anyway, we're almost done - just a few finishing touches and then some re-arranging as we grow and work in the space but all in all, not bad. And BOY! does it feel good to have room to breathe!
Without further adieu.... I'll show you what we have completed so far....
Photo Notes:
1. That's my "Scratch and Dent" wall on the far left. Anyone out there need a Kristin & Craig, 09.24.2011, Midland Michigan design? Reeeaaallllyyyy cheap? :D
2. Bottom right... hot lazy kitty.
3. Far right (peg board) - For now, we blocked off the white brick fireplace and built a work bench for Olivia. We repurposed an old vanity she had in her room by painting it white and taking the mirror off. Then Gavin picked up white peg board and a whole plethora of tools and hooks for Liv to work with. She's a builder, maker, crafter through and through (she's been bred that way) so when Gavin and I are working here in the studio, she's got a place to create as well. She loves it! Score 2 points for Gavin!! (1 pt for making Liv happy and 1 pt for making Liv's momma happy!)
Photo Notes:
1. Graphite Twill slipcover and Citrine pillow cover are from FreshKnesting on Etsy. I had this (once nice, now awful, now nice again!) IKEA Tullsta chair that needed covering... like BAD! So I contacted the owner of this shop and she did a fabulous job. Fits like a glove!
2. See that beautiful expertly hand forged mirror? Yep, crafted by none other than Gavin himself. I'm so lucky to be the recipient of such beautiful - and functional - pieces of art.
And there it is so far. Lots more to do in the studio and the house:
- Buy throw rug
- Finish organizing the "shipping department" (more pics on that later)
- Hang all the new art I've been scooping up from my favorite independent artists (another post for another day)
- CLEAN!
- Sort out the final layout for the livingroom/dining room combo
- Hang my new globe lights out in the backyard
- Get Gavin's "city shop" up and running
- ..... and it's coming to crunch time on Gavin's Cain Park art show, so it'll be all hands on deck in about 2 weeks to crank out and fill an entire 10x10 booth for sexy forged wrought iron. YOWZA!
But for now.... I'll just be in love with my new studio!




No comments :
Post a Comment