-->

Monday, March 19, 2012

Overload < Balance



As some of you know I took a week "off" - off from my Etsy shop but not off from the studio.  I had a really long list of pretty lofty goals that I wanted to complete this past week.


  • Catch up on remaining 100+ open orders
  • Setup my Stitch account
  • Checkout Shop Marketing Helper
  • I have several printers I wanted to list on craigslist to sell
  • New blog posts to write
  • Release a few new designs
  • Put together Framing Instructions
  • Put together a Color choice chart to help explain colors to all y'all can make informed color decisions
  • Needed to take care of some banking and legal business stuff
  • and my taxes....

When I read my list to Gavin his response was, "Don't set yourself up for disappointment because you'll only get 10% of it done."  He wasn't being facetious, he was being real.  But me!  Oh I'm the dreamer of the bunch.  I'm like "nah!  I'll get at least 50% done!  Just you watch!"

Wanna know what I got done?  Barely the first on the list!  Geez....

Lesson learned this time but I'm sure I won't roll it over to the next time.  I tend to pile, pile and pile goals and dreams and requests and ideas upon one another with such good intentions and such excitement and enthusiasm that the weight of it all makes me crumble.

So, instead of another week with too little sleep I spent much time on the couch, much time with my daughter and went out bar hopping for St. Patty's day with Gavin (I live right off of this really great street in town with all kinds of shops, restaurants, cafe's bakery's and bars right in walking distance).  It was a much needed break even if I only got caught up on orders... which by the way, is always #1.

So, I start this Monday and ask myself to remember just one simple thing, Rome wasn't built in a day.









Oh! and here's my new studio tune.  It's from a band called Salt for Salt and they are touring with Yonder this spring. Great jam!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...