-->

Monday, March 26, 2012

New web store inspiration

Now that things have finally slowed down from that huge Us Weekly rush I'm able to put some of my energies into other aspects of my business - like my own online store!  I'm soooo excited!  I've wanted to do this for a while now and after reading about Lisa's Etsy suspension over on Handmadeology (and the comments from others who this has happened to as well) I decided it was time to plan a little further if I'm going to keep on keepin' on.

I did some research on a few e-commerce sites; Indiemade, Retailr and Shopify were the contenders. I settled on Shopify because they seemed to offer the most intuitive interface while allowing me the flexibility of the design of my shop. As you can imagine being a designer, that's super important to me.  Now I'm in shopify and working on the develop of my store, I can tell you that, if you can install and setup a Wordpress site, you can use Shopify.

Anyway, once I had a platform selected I hopped on Pinterest for some web design inspirations.  Here's a few of my favorites:






It'll still be a week or so before I get the shop up and running but so far so good!  I'm really excited and I can't wait to launch it!!  Of course I'll keep you posted. till then.... xoxo



I discovered a new artist today. Fatoumata Diawara from Mali. Love her earthiness and energy. She has a little India Arie vibe. :) Check her out.




Happy Monday!! Let's do this!




No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...