As you know I left my job as a graphic designer, reporting to an office each and everyday, to stay home with my work and give it the opportunity it deserves. This includes more time with my daughter, more time with art and more time with myself. It's been my dream for years and years to work for myself and though it's a scary move, it's necessary and very fulfilling.
With all of these changes, I decided that in order to do this business thing, I of course should be doing it "right". I've helped brand and market businesses for 10 years now and as a true artist I can't seem to nail down my own presence. Mostly it's because in a perfect world, my brand can change as often as I have new ideas for it! And, I know it goes against all the rules, but that just might be, in the end, what I end up known for! I really believe the point of being an artist and a designer is to be genuine, to be authentic and to share your personal expressions.
With all that said, here comes a new direction to my blog. Or maybe, I'm hoping to get more clear about the direction of my blog. I just recently purchased Tara Gentile's package 104 weeks of blogging your passion with the hopes that I can stick to it! So, I'll be following her plan and making this darn thing happen!
Going forward I'll be sharing my inspirations, ideas, inquires and imagery to create a place where all my creativity comes together. I don't make art for me, I design for you. There's nothing quite like a piece of art so personal that it reflects your sentiments exactly. And there's nothing quite like creating that piece of work and sharing stories, laughs and smiles with my clients. It's a gift to me when I can give to you.
It is my mission as a growing, learning and evolving artist, designer, mother and music lovin' lady is to bring you and the people in your life the opportunity to give something incredible - smiles and laughter with an element of surprise.
So here goes nothing….
this was exercise #1.
No comments :
Post a Comment